About Me

My photo
I work as an instructor for a highly regulated, biomedical service industry. I am currently working on my Master's Degree in Teaching and Learning with Technology. I hope to apply my experience, and knowledge gained through education, in the field of training development. My goal is to design training programs that break through the resistance to change that often accompanies new project implementations in the workplace.

Saturday, October 17, 2009

New Design

Tonight finds me changing the design of my blogger page. Thanks go out to my classmate Juli for posting the link on Twitter. Did I say in a previous post that I didn't see the usefulness of Twitter? I retract that statement. Shame on me for making a swift judgement. :) I have also found that I am checking out everyone's tweets a bit more often than I thought I would; although I don't tweet myself. Does that make me a stalker? I'm hoping to pick up a smart phone soon so perhaps that will change. I made it through class #3 and I am still managing to keep that coveted 4.0 GPA. Sometimes I amaze myself. Class #4 is going strong and I have just been introduced to "Articulate". What an awesome, although somewhat expensive, software program. Articulate allows you to turn those dull, boring, PowerPoint presentations into a Flash presentation. It is so easy to navigate that I was successfully adding narratives and animated annotations to a slide on my first try. I only have 30 days for the free trial so I want to really spend some time with it and put this freebie to good use. I'm hoping to create some interactive presentations while I have the opportunity. The rest of this class is going along fairly smoothly and not quite as hectic as the last. I am truly thankful for that because I was needing a breather. I'm happy that I am not struggling as much with the coursework so I can spend more time on my Bible studies and enjoying the season with my family. I am still in awe of how quickly the time is passing; before I know it my next class will be starting and I'll need to update to a winter scene...eek.
Till next time...let the learning continue

No comments:

Post a Comment